Given the length of break this year, housing beyond November 21, 2020 is not available. International students who need to stay on campus until December 5, 2020 in order to finish exams may request this accommodation via the Extended Stay Housing Application in the MyHousing Portal by October 30, 2020 at 12:00PM ET. The International Student Office has more information about international student housing.
Your Community Advisor will have a hall closing meeting in early November. Be sure to attend so you understand departure expectations.
Process for moving out this fall
If you are returning to campus for spring 2021
- You do not need to schedule a move out time if you are returning
- What to take home vs what to leave
- Take all needed items to finish the semester well. Laptops, chargers, books, etc. (Passport, medication, bank and credit cards, IDs, etc.).
- Clean your room. Leave your items neat and consolidated to one area of the room. Remove everything perishable, take out the trash and recycling, etc. This is a long break!
- Turn off lights and unplug everything.
- Shut & lock windows. Lock the door and take your keys and ID (all doors will be locked after rooms are inspected by staff members).
If you are going remote or considering going remote
- You will need to schedule a move out time through ResComm - you’ll receive information about this.
- You need to pack and take all belongings
- You need to return your keys to a key drop box (Doane, Curtis, P1)
- Please discuss this with your roommate(s) because they will want to be proactive about filling the vacant space in the room.
If your roommate is going remote
- You do not need to pack up and move out of you room. You may get a new roommate. If you have someone in mind, you may mutually match with then via the MyHousing Portal. You’ll have alerts on your MyHousing Portal - if you act on those, you’ll take care of everything you need to do!
Residence halls open in late January and all students are required to schedule a move-in appointment. Move-in appointments will be Thursday, January 28 and Friday, January 29, 2021 from 9:00am ET to 8:00pm ET. There will be limited time slots from 9AM-NOON on Saturday, January 30, 2021 for students unable to arrive on the earlier dates.Students with a Spring 2021 housing assignment will be able to schedule move-in appointments starting Monday, December 7, 2020 at NOON EASTERN TIME and must schedule by Wednesday, January 13, 2021 at 12:00 NOON EASTERN TIME. These are first-come, first-scheduled and we cannot guarantee a specific time slot or date to students/families.