Starting Saturday, September 12, campus organizations can gather indoors or outdoors in-person but with no more than 20 people attending in-person. For events and activities beyond organizational meetings, the organization must work closely with CLIC to review protocols and processes to keep attendees safe.
Campus organizations can reserve space through EMS event registration process, including:
- Outdoor spaces (after 5PM + weekends) including:
- Lamson Patio
- Moon Hall Patio
- East Quad
- Academic Quad Tents
- Moon Hall (meetings, activities, etc.) (max in person: 20)
- Slayter Auditorium and the Shepardson College Room (Slayter)
- Slayter Third Floor
- Meeting rooms in Burton Morgan, Higley, Knapp, and Fellows (meetings only, no food)
- Gatherings must adhere to the COVID room capacities and may not exceed 20 people.
Students can use their organizational space (sorority/fraternity space, BSU, La Fuerza Latina, campus org office spaces, etc.), adhering to COVID capacities, by requesting access through this form. As a reminder, alcohol is not permitted in these spaces, and no more than 20 people can gather in-person.
With regard to Moon Hall, there are 4 distinct spaces. No more than 20 people can be in any one section at a time. We recommend opening the sliding and exterior doors for increased circulation. Organizational events with alcohol are not permitted, and the party registration system is not operational.
Before advertising an event and at least 72 hours before the event, the hosting organization must meet with one of the following staff members to discuss the event: Dana Pursley, Susie Kalinoski, Ashley Metzger, Kim Bentley, Katie McKenney, Erik Farley, or Lynsey Whisner (Club & IM Sports).
- Students must upload their attendee roster within 24 hours after the event.
- In addition to meetings, students can hold events and activities (no alcohol). Possibilities are wide-ranging but here are some possible ideas: football watching party, cultural event, craft night, or game night.
- Physical distancing of 6 feet between each person must be ensured. Masks must be worn the entire time indoors, except when eating. Outdoors, masks may be removed if greater than 6 feet apart.
- If there is food at the event, it must be individually-packaged or served by a member of the Catering staff. Hand sanitizer must be available.
Student-hosted and organization-hosted gatherings are limited to 20 people. Campus organizations partnering with a Denison office or department can host events for larger than 20 people.
Campus organizations can continue to table outdoors. Tables can be reserved through the EMS event registration process. Please ensure there are no shared items (common touching of pens, laptops, etc.) At this time, campus organizations cannot table indoors. Please adhere to the Outdoor Tabling Policy.
Virtual meetings are still encouraged during this time.
In this time of heightened awareness and concern for how others’ actions affect us, the use of space is a privilege and a responsibility. It is important that we take the utmost care in respecting property, cleaning up after meetings and events, disposing of trash appropriately and disinfecting spaces. We must be good stewards of our spaces for the health of our community.