Students signed a waiver to use storage at Denison. Please review the following:
I hereby voluntarily authorize and request that Denison University move and store my personal property that has been packed into boxes, suitcases, or other containers by me or my designee, and that is currently in my assigned residence hall room.
In consideration for Denison’s agreement to move and store my belongings, I hereby acknowledge and agree to the following:
- I assume any and all risk of damage, theft, casualty or loss of any kind of my personal property from remaining in my assigned residence hall room until the point of transit and storage.
- Denison is not responsible for any damage, theft, casualty, or loss of any kind as to my personal property, and I release and hold harmless Denison and any of its successors, assigns, affiliates, officers, trustees, employees, insurers, and agents from any and all liability, including any claims, demands, causes of action, suits, or judgments, including attorneys' fees, arising from any injury, property damage, or loss I may suffer as a result of the transit or storage of my belongings.
- I understand and agree that the storage space for my belongings may not be climate controlled, and that Denison will not store any upholstered furniture, mattresses, couches/futons, or other soft furnishings.
- Should I wish to insure my belongings while the property is in transit or storage, I am responsible for obtaining such insurance.
- I will claim my personal property within the dates of retrieval announced by Denison prior to or upon the start of the next academic semester.
- I agree that property not claimed by the final date announced for property retrieval shall be considered voluntarily abandoned and may be disposed of or donated to a charitable organization by Denison unless Denison has agreed in writing to make alternative arrangements.