In the event that a student goes to The Wellness Center or other medical facility seeking treatment or testing that could result in an overnight stay, isolation or quarantine, we recommend that a "Go Bag" is prepared ahead of time.
Go-bag Contents (keep these items in your Go Bag)
- 2 sets of sleepwear
- 2-3 changes of clothes (comfortable clothing advised)
- 7 pairs of under-garments
- Slippers/Slides, (we discourage walking barefoot)
- Personal Hygiene Items (soap, shampoo, deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrush, lotion, feminine hygiene products, retainers, invisalign, nightguards)
- Contacts, glasses
- Face masks
- Bed Linens
- Towels & WashCloths
- Cleaning supplies and hand sanitizer
- Laundry detergent if laundry will need to be done
- Emergency contact names and phone numbers
- Medications (include dosage) and any medical conditions
- Names and phone numbers of Physicians
- A copy of this list so that you remember what last-minute additions to make
- Additional Items Needed (it’s ok to put these items in a backpack, to bring with your go-bag)
- Laptop, charger
- Cell phone, charger
- Any needed school supplies (books, notebooks, etc).
- Daily medications
- Identification / Wallet (This may include Travel Documents)
- Insurance Card (can be a picture on phone - front and back of card)
- You may take a limited amount of food. Please remember you will have limited access to store and cook food.
- Consider taking snacks and non-perishable food that you may need.
- Remember dining services will be available.
- DO NOT PACK
- Large sums of money/credit cards
WILL BE PROVIDED
- Dining Services
- Disposable Eating Utensils
Please note that if a student doesn't have everything in their go bag we will ensure they get with they need!
STUDENT RESPONSIBILITIES DURING QUARANTINE & ISOLATION**
- Remain in the designated space
- No guests in space
- Avoid touching the face - especially mouth, nose & eyes.
- Use hand sanitizer regularly
- Wipe down high touch surfaces (doorknobs, counters, tables, etc) with a disinfectant at least once daily.
- Wipe down bathroom surfaces, with a disinfectant, after each use.
**If the student does not follow these guidelines they will be referred to the Office of Campus Values and Conflict Resolution for failure to comply.
Student Under Quarantine or Isolation Requests to Leave the Space
If a student who is in quarantine or isolation desires to leave the space, the student must first call the Campus Safety Dispatcher. A student may leave quarantine or isolation only under extenuating circumstances. If it is appropriate for the student to leave the space Campus Safety will transport the student to mitigate the risk of exposing others.